I’m Tennyson Towl the acupuncturist.
I am a Florida Licensed Acupuncture Physician, (AP4164) and Nationally Board Certified Diplomate of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine in St. Petersburg, FL. I have 15 + years of clinical experience as an acupuncturist and practitioner of Chinese Medicine. I am also professionally trained in massage therapy with 23+ years experience in therapeutic massage and bodywork. I have specialties in massage styles from the East, in both Thai Yoga Massage and Chavutti Thirumal (massage by foot pressure) from South India.
My acupuncture treatments have a comforting intuitive quality because of the two decades of accumulated wisdom in my hands from practicing therapeutic massage. My massage sessions are infused with meaningful strokes guided by Chinese medical wisdom and grounded by my mindfulness meditation practice. The ultimate treatment goal for any client I have the privilege to treat, is to impart insight and meaningful knowledge to you in each session, in order to help you restore and maintain full autonomy to your state of health and wellbeing. I want to give you a value-rich session each time you come and have you part with the tools you need to cultivate the optimal version of yourself—body, mind and spirit. Regardless of which modality we use, I am committed to giving you the care you deserve and the tools you need to become that which is innately, already true. I invite you to explore my professional credentials below.
- Post Graduate Chinese Herbal Medicine Certificate-The Won Institute of Graduate Studies, Glenside, PA
- Master of Acupuncture- Bastyr University, Kenmore, WA
- Nationally Board Certified in Acupuncture & Oriental Medicine By the NCCAOM
- Professionally Trained in Therapeutic Massage at The Downeast School of Massage in Waldoboro, Maine
- Bachelor of Arts- University of Colorado, Boulder Major- Environmental Conservation
- Advanced Training in Thai Yoga Massage With the Lotus Palm School, Montreal, CA
- Professional Herbalist Course with the East-West School of Herbology
- Comprehensive Bodywork Training in Chavutti Thirumal with Helen Noakes
- 100 hour Vipassana Meditation training at the Dhamma Dhara Meditation Center in Shelbourne Falls, MA 15 years practice as a vipassana meditator
- Studied Mindfulness meditation with teacher and author Terry Fralich of the Mindfulness Center of Southern Maine
- Food As Medicine Training with Paul Pitchford, author of Healing with Whole Foods